- Crash Replacement Scheme
Crash Replacement Scheme
Light weight carbon wheels are an expensive high end product that can be easily damaged in the event of a crash, it can be a worrying decision to spend that kind of money on them in the first place. Chicken Cyclekit are offering this crash replacement scheme to make the decision to upgrade an easier one make. In the event of a crash the consumer will be offered a repair or replacement for an equivalent model at a greatly discounted rate.
Terms & Conditions
Chicken Cyclekit are offering this crash replacement scheme in addition to the Manufacturer’s warranty.
This service can be called upon in the event of a broken wheel which is un-rideable due to an accident or crash. We will contact the consumer to offer a repair or replacement wheel at a special discount.
- The offer is only valid for one claim for the original owner over a two year period from the point of purchase.
- The damaged wheel has to be returned by the customer to the original retailer.
- The retailer must return the wheel to ourselves for assessment by our warranty department.
- The offer is only valid for purchases made from IBD’s or valid UK cycle retailers.
- A copy of the original sales receipt must be provided before any work is undertaken.
- Any tyres, cassettes or brake disc’s must to be removed and the wheel must be cleaned before returning.
- The damaged wheel will be repaired or replaced with the closest equivalent model.
- The damage has to affect the functionality of the wheel. (visual damage is excluded).
- In the event a replacement is given Chicken Cyclekit will assume ownership of the original damaged wheel.
- No costs for the repair/replacement or carriage will be covered by Chicken Cyclekit.
Exclusion of service
- Damage caused the wrong intended use, for example road wheels on a downhill track.
- Damage caused by modification, incorrect repair, or by use of non-original spare parts.
- The use of incorrect braking pads (see manufacturers guidelines).
- Products where the manufacturers serial number has been removed.
- Damage which we feel has been caused intentionally.
- Products supplied via a team sponsorship deal.
- Wear and tear from general use is not covered
- Products purchased on online platforms.
- Damage caused by incorrect assembly.
- Damage caused by transportation.
Then we need to list what brands/wheels are covered: